Carbon Monoxide warnings - keep generators outside 20ft away from doors and windows

Haudy Kazemi kaze0010 at umn.edu
Wed Sep 1 22:07:47 UTC 2021

Several articles have mentioned 8 transmission lines were lost to the
hurricane (a single big event event). A casual reader might think 8 lines
would offer an 8-way level of redundancy.

My WAG is the reality of load vs capacity is more like a N-1 or N-2
redundancy, but that's really just a WAG. It is unclear to me if all 8
lines were damaged by the storm, or if some failed/tripped when loads
shifted onto the remaining lines after the first failure occurred
(cascading failure).

Does anyone know, or has anyone seen, details?