Happy 40th anniversary RFC 791!

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Wed Sep 1 18:42:18 UTC 2021

For anyone unaware, Jon Postel, a good friend and mentor to many of us at the dawn of the Internet, was the primary editor of this landmark document.

Those were the days we thought ARPAnet would never be allowed to go commercial. Thanks to Jon’s tireless campaigning (among others), not to mention meticulous documentation, it did.

He was taken from us too soon.

https://www.ietfjournal.org/in-memory-of-jon-postel/

-mel