An update on the AfriNIC situation

Valerie Wittkop vwittkop at nanog.org
Wed Sep 1 12:40:57 UTC 2021

REMINDER from the admins…

Please ensure your posts are topical, do not go against the Usage Guidelines <https://www.nanog.org/resources/nanog-mailing-list/usage-guidelines/>, and provide for an  exchange of technical information and the discussion of specific implementation issues that require cooperation among network service providers.

The Mailing List is not an appropriate platform to resolve personal issues, engage in disputes, or file complaints.

Also, please ask yourself these three questions before posting -
Does my email have operational/technical content?
Would I be interested in reading this email?
Would 12,864 other Internet engineers want to read this?

And in case you missed our first message among the many messages. In this thread:

First and foremost - please report to admins at nanog.org <mailto:admins at nanog.org> a concern about violation of the guidelines. Using the list to argue about violations is not appropriate.

Secondly - there have been entirely too many messages in this thread that are in violation of guideline number 6, specifically with comments that are defamatory, abusive, or lack respect for other participants.

Finally - the NANOG mail list is not the place to conduct a trial. (See guidelines number 8.)

Should you have any questions/concerns about this reminder, please send a message to admins at nanog.org <mailto:admins at nanog.org>

Valerie Wittkop
Program Director
vwittkop at nanog.org | +1 734-730-0225 (mobile) | www.nanog.org
NANOG | 305 E. Eisenhower Pkwy, Suite 100 | Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
ASN 19230