What are best practices for RPKI ROV in transit networks....

Musa Stephen Honlue honlue at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:20:33 UTC 2021

Personally I recommend dropping them invalids.

However, you could set local preferences as follows:
- Valids routes get the highest local pref
- unknown routes get a medium local pref
- Invalids routes get the lowest local pref

In this way, if you have competing routes, the one with the higher local pref gets preferred. By so doing, you are sure that an invalid route will never get preferred over an unknown one or a valid one.

But, honestly there is no point in ROV if you will allow invalids…