ROA mirror to IRR?

Laura Smith n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp at protonmail.ch
Wed Oct 27 08:52:33 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 at 21:17, Shawn <mailman.nanog.org at kleinart.net> wrote:
> Is it standard practice to accept more specifics (append IPv4 "le /24" and  IPv6 "le /48")?

There was an blog post written somewhere (unfortunately I cannot locate it) that urged caution as to how you configure more specifics at RIRs and doing it the wrong way opened you up to spoofing or somesuch.

I seem to recall the obvious way (your suggested "append le/24" etc.) was very much not recommended.

No doubt some kind soul on list will have that blog post in their bookmarks and/or others may wish to comment on the concept.