[routing-wg] Relative size of IRR registries

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 19:24:36 UTC 2021

You are right on all counts but (3). IRRd 4.2 has a feature called
scope filter, and the results below had the following in effect:

    scopefilter:

        prefixes:

            - 10.0.0.0/8

            - 172.16.0.0/12

            - 192.168.0.0/16

        asns:

            - 23456

            - 64496-64511

So they already excluded those easy to detect unassigned blocks. It
doesn't exclude blocks that are assigned by IANA but not yet by a
RIR/NIR (like Team Cymru bogon feeds), but is good enough.

Rubens