more spaces in PTRs, this time totisp.net

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Fri Oct 22 22:37:24 UTC 2021

on Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 04:05:44AM +0000, Steven Champeon wrote:

> Anyone?

FWIW, I took a look at my scans data and there's a lot of this around. Of
the 5477 PTRs with spaces, in approximately ~490 domains*, those with more
than twenty hosts with PTRs containing spaces are the following:

        2178 bbox.fr (still)
         961 misc (basically, domains that don't exist, garbage rdns, etc.)
         255 yorku.ca
         203 hostforweb.com
         157 teknotel.com
         156 uncg.edu
         129 lacoe.edu
          55 is.co.mz
          52 uni-bonn.de
          41 ncsu.edu
          41 bell.ca**
          40 fuse.net
          36 dartmouth.edu
          27 gatech.edu
          26 uni-goettingen.de
          25 isu.edu
          25 csub.edu
          21 qut.edu.au

Anyone from these orgs that cares can contact me offlist for more info,
or as someone who saw the bbox.fr post did, forward to the relevant people
and ask them to do the same. FWIW, some involve leading, some involve
trailing, but most contain spaces in the labels themselves.

* FSVO "domain"
** I had a contact at bell.ca but she has since retired and they have
apparently kept introducing more bad rDNS.

TIA,
Steve

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/