S.Korea broadband firm sues Netflix after traffic surge

Fred Baker fredbaker.ietf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:28:34 UTC 2021

I’m not sure I disagree, but let throw in a point of consideration. Historically, as you note, the caller pays the toll. However, the caller also CHOSE to call, even though the called party might find the call irritating. With a CDN, the network is out there hoping to be called, and the user makes that choice, “calling” the CDN. Could it not be accurately said that the user originated the “call”?

Sent using a machine that autocorrects in interesting ways...