Safe Geo-location Defaults

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Oct 21 13:59:15 UTC 2021

Has anyone published "safe" geo-location defaults? By safe I mean default
lat/lon coordinates for a country, state/province, city, postal code which
do not resolve near a residence.

It seems like too many people use "Find My <device>" or other geo-location
services, and then go to the exact location shown on the mapping service
for the default lat/lon which is often a default location.  Knock on the
person which happens to live near the default centroid, and acuse them of
stealing their <device> because "Find My <device>" showed that location.