Anyone else getting the 'spam' bomb threat?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Tue Oct 19 15:28:51 UTC 2021

Matt Hoppes wrote:
> I've now heard from several operators - our selves included - about
> getting an e-mail bomb threat to our datacenters asking for $5,000 USD
> or the "bomb will be detonated".
>
> Is this being seen on a wide spread e-mail blast to the RIR contacts,
> or am I just unlucky to know like 6 other data center folks who have
> also gotten this e-mail?
>
>  It seems like a very odd/bizarre spam/threat campaign which would
> carry significant jail time.

And now I REALLY want to get moving on a service to drop a drone on
spammers.  (Active Countermeasures!)

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown