DNS pulling BGP routes?

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Oct 13 19:02:14 UTC 2021

On 10/13/21 07:34, Masataka Ohta wrote:

> But, I certainly mean that CDN operators should not request
> peering directly to access/retail ISPs merely because they have
> their own transit, because the transit is not at all neutral.

I'm not sure that I understand this. Peering is rarely if ever neutral.
It's almost always "My network and customers only to your network and
customers only."

CDNs and their customers (content providers) peering with ISPs and their
customers (eyeballs) seems to me to be a win-win.

Access/retail ISPs should want to peer with CDNs as it greatly reduces
their transport costs. CDNs will want to peer with access/retail ISPs
for the same reason.

Specifically what is the objection to CDNs peering with access ISPs?

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV