DNS pulling BGP routes?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Wed Oct 13 15:31:49 UTC 2021

On 10/13/21 17:24, Masataka Ohta wrote:

> The problem is that, unlike neutral transit providers, "the bits"
> is biased by the CDN provider.
>
> Then, access/retail ISPs who also want to supply their own contents,
> even though they must be neutral to contents provided by neutral
> transit providers, naturally refuse peering with the anti-neutral
> CDN providers.
>
> Remember that CDN providers are not neutral at all.

Well, the purpose of a network is whatever its proprietor deems it to
be, and makes no false advertising about it.

A private enterprise network that carries a company's internal traffic -
which may or may not interface with an external network that is
interested in some or all of that traffic - would, in your eyes, be
classified as not neutral, because it chooses not to use its network to
provide global IP Transit?

In my mind, the word "transit" refers to carriage between two
non-homogeneous points. So network A (customer) will talk to network C
(content) via my network B (transit). If the traffic originates either
from A or C, BUT terminates/ends inside of B, I do not consider that
transit.

I'm unaware of content operators who run their own network and (promise
to) provide connectivity between A and C.

Mark.