DNS pulling BGP routes?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:59:18 UTC 2021

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 10:56 AM Tom Beecher <beecher at beecher.cc> wrote:

> But, I certainly mean that CDN operators should not request
>> peering directly to access/retail ISPs merely because they have
>> their own transit, because the transit is not at all neutral.
>>

> I'm still confused.
>
> Let's say I have a CDN network, with a datacenter somewhere, an edge site
> somewhere else. I carry my bits from my datacenter, across my internal
> network, to my edge site. This is where I intend to hand the bits over to
> someone else to carry them to the end user.
>
> Let's say in this site, I have a paid transit connection , and a peering
> session directly with the end user's ISP. Where is anything related to
> neutrality being 'violated', regardless of which path I choose to send the
> bits out?

It sounds like masataka is saying that the network between your
'datacenter' and 'cdn node' is a 'transit network'.
I think 'transit network' is a sentence fragment much like: "bgp peer" ..
it's overloaded (in this conversation at least)
so probably some more clarity is required in the conversation to progress
in a meaningful manner.