S.Korea broadband firm sues Netflix after traffic surge

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Wed Oct 13 13:52:50 UTC 2021

I agree with you generally.

It's not impossible, but probably unlikely for an individual to be sued for
contents of cookie data or similar small fragments like that.

I do believe it's orders of more magnitude more likely for the 'average'
residential consumer to attract a suit from the MPAA/RIAA/etc because there
is a torrent stream emanating from their connection, and I have little
faith that any provider would go out of their way to jump in front and say
'no no, that's our tech'.