S.Korea broadband firm sues Netflix after traffic surge

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Mon Oct 11 15:31:57 UTC 2021

On 10/11/21 17:26, Niels Bakker wrote:

> I don't think that's being entirely fair. Netflix in plenty places
> differentiates its subscriptions based partly on video resolution:
> https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24926/us
>
> Some people will definitely care enough to sign up for a more
> expensive tier.

In much the same way those that care will opt for the D+ mode of the
car, and likely more will be happy with just the D model.

Yes, many subscribers are clued up on the different Netflix plans, but
I'm sure most of them choose the plans not for the video resolution, but
for the number of active screens that can stream concurrently.

Mark.