S.Korea broadband firm sues Netflix after traffic surge

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Sun Oct 10 19:57:07 UTC 2021

On 10/10/21 21:33, Matthew Petach wrote:

> If you sell a service for less than it costs to provide, simply
> based on the hopes that people won't actually *use* it, that's
> called "gambling", and I have very little sympathy for businesses
> that gamble and lose.

You arrived at the crux of the issue, quickly, which was the basis of my
initial response last week - infrastructure is dying. And we simply
aren't motivated enough to figure it out.

When you spend 25+ years sitting in a chair waiting for the phone to
ring or the door to open, for someone to ask, "How much for 5Mbps?",
your misfortune will never be your own fault.

Mark.