What Eyeballs Did During The Facebook Nap

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Fri Oct 8 15:54:15 UTC 2021

> Look, I like all this traffic, and it brings in revenue for my business.
> But I'm starting to wonder whether it's all worth it, if we end up
> creating a generation with significantly less brain function, for the
> first time in our evolution, less than 50, 60, 70 years from now.

I feel you man. I've had plenty of existential crisis moments in the last
handful of years. I enjoy what I do and the compensation/opportunities that
come with it, and it is always amazing to see some of the wonderful things
that have happened in the world because of all the work that has been put
in to connect people. But it often bothers me that at the same time it's
helped more nefarious elements of societies to connect more easily too, and
enabled them to do more bad things more easily.

Overall I do think the good outweighs the bad , but occasionally things
happen in the world that make me really wonder. I'm sure my therapist is
sick of hearing about it by now. :p