DNS pulling BGP routes?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Thu Oct 7 13:58:54 UTC 2021

On 10/7/21 13:18, Jean St-Laurent wrote:

> Something public that we know now, is that it's possible to totally shut down facebook and restart it.
>
> Can we shutdown the full internet one day and see if it will restart properly without too much hack here and there?

I think one thing that I learned from this Facebook outage is that the
impact to steady supply of electricity to computing and networking gear
under spool-up load is not a small problem to scoff at.

We could shutdown the entire Internet, and power companies will probably
love us. But they will hate a tad more as we reboot it.

Mark.