facebook outage

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at sctcweb.com
Mon Oct 4 21:52:16 UTC 2021

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 2:49 PM Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl at gmail.com>
wrote:

> man. 4. okt. 2021 23.33 skrev Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net>:

>> two or three minutes.  A few answers getting out.  I imagine it’ll take a
>> while before things stabilize, though.
>> >
>> > aaaand we’re back:
>> >
>> > WoodyNet-2:.ssh woody$ dig www.facebook.com @9.9.9.9
>>
>> So that was, what…  15:50 UTC to 21:05 UTC, more or less…  five hours and
>> fifteen minutes.
>>
>> That’s a lot of hair burnt all the way to the scalp, and some
>> third-degree burns beyond that.
>>
>> Maybe they’ll get one or two independent secondary authoritatives, so
>> this doesn’t happen again.  :-)
>>

> We have had dns back for a while here but the site is still down. Not
> counting this as over yet.

I'm getting part of my news feed and notifications. Can't post yet, and
clicking on something usually sends you back to the "Something is broken"
message.

So, no - it's not back up yet. But it's starting to twitch....

--
Jeff Shultz

--
Like us on Social Media for News, Promotions, and other information!!

<https://www.facebook.com/SCTCWEB/>
<https://www.instagram.com/sctc_sctc/>
<https://www.yelp.com/biz/sctc-stayton-3>
<https://www.youtube.com/c/sctcvideos>

_**** This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. ****_