massive facebook outage presently

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Mon Oct 4 20:43:58 UTC 2021

Jay Hennigan wrote:
> On 10/4/21 09:27, Tom Beecher wrote:
>> Curious if there is a malicious angle after the 60 Minutes story last
>> night.
>
> Hanlon's razor.
>
> "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
> stupidity"
>
> Corollary - "But don't rule out malice."

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third*time it's*enemy
action'.”

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown