The Outage

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Mon Oct 4 18:04:01 UTC 2021

Jared, would you be able to post any system load graphs showing what the mail server is like during these kinda of massive outages?

With that many users on the mailing list, I can only imagine that it takes forever to process sending those messages out to tens of thousands of people at a time, especially when half of the messages send to the list are outside of the intent of the list.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange