S.Korea broadband firm sues Netflix after traffic surge

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Fri Oct 1 21:00:41 UTC 2021

On 10/1/21 18:31, Tom Hill wrote:

> Many (most?) route servers provide little control over who your routes
> are advertised toward. This can be fun where DDoS is concerned.
>
> I've used some that did have deny-list controls for ASNs, fail to
> consistently apply those rules. Again, that was a 'fun' surprise.

Nowadays, well-run exchange points would have solved this. The reason we
don't use route servers anymore is because they sometimes break (either
due to code, or from people), and the policies you thought would give a
good 3AM sleep suddenly aren't working anymore.

It was cheaper for us to maintain bi-lateral sessions.

That said, route servers have their place, and I won't knock them down.

Mark.