private 5G networks?

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 22:43:01 UTC 2021

tir. 30. nov. 2021 23.19 skrev Tom Beecher <beecher at beecher.cc>:

> In my view there is no practical difference. The owner has full control of
>> his warehouse and it would be very illegal for any outside party to install
>> any device at all including unauthorised wifi devices.
>>

>  Nothing illegal about someone sitting in a parking lot next door with a
> pineapple turned up to 11 that's washing out all the normal wifi spectrum.

If we are talking about wifi 6E on 6 GHz sitting in a parking lot trying to
cause harmful interference within legal limits will not successfully harm
the operation within a building, especially not if the owner has a security
perimeter. Harmful interference on purpose is not legal in any case.

> It would be illegal to do that with CBRS.

On the other hand, saboteurs rarely care about legal and can easily jam
either system.

And yet, this is simply not a real problem. Did you know that a larger
number of train transit systems are controlled by WiFi? Block that WiFi
signal and the trains stop city wide. But has this ever happened?

Regards

Baldur