private 5G networks?

Anthony will.anthony at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 22:10:36 UTC 2021

Opps,

Replied direct this is a bit one sided of the conversation but I want to
make certain the community is clear on this as CBRS is a valuable spectrum.

Unfortunately Shane this is incorrect.   GAA is not significantly
different then any unlicensed spectrum as to interference avoidance.
But the SAS will typically have tools that will give you some info on
how to avoid channels already in use.  This is truly useful.

As a CBRS GAA user, i can understand your confusion,  When a SAS
(Spectrum Access System) states a channel is "free" that just means it
is not currently in use by a higher priority user such as an incumbent
or PAL user.  Any GAA can request a channel in use in the area by
another GAA.  You have no interference protection rights as a GAA / 3rd
tier user.  Again the SAS can and should assist you with finding a clean
channel and potently working as a mediator between GAA users but there
is no guarantee or protections.

This might be helpful.  @10:10 this video from google SAS's tech team
talks about this very thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ5pUE68ndE