IPv6 and CDN's

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 09:21:31 UTC 2021

man. 29. nov. 2021 02.12 skrev Masataka Ohta <
mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp>:

> > The only way to truly reduce Opex at scale is automation.
>
> Automation by what? DNS?
>
>                                                 Masataka Ohta

Most of our customers are provisioned by Radius. The remaining are
configured by scripting using Netconf.

We use DNS to document the network. If our DNS was down and I need to
connect to a router in some city, do you really expect me to remember the
IP address? I would have to look it up and our chosen database for that
happens to be DNS. It has some obvious advantages.

Regards

Baldur