IPv6 and CDN's

scott surfer at mauigateway.com
Sun Nov 28 22:41:31 UTC 2021

On 11/28/2021 9:47 AM, Owen DeLong via NANOG wrote:
> Why not properly assign /48s to customers and /40s to cities?

Side note: I recently tried to get /48 per customer with ARIN on
repeated emails and they refused.  We were already given an IPv6 block a
while back.  I told them I wanted to expand it so I could give out a /48
per customer and that we had more than 65535 customers, which is the
block we got; 65535 /48s.  I didn't even account for our needs.

Without arguing the reasons, we will have to hand out /56s, rather than
/48s because of this.  So, it's not all /48-unicorns, puppies and rainbows.

scott