IPv6 and CDN's

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 13:21:49 UTC 2021

søn. 28. nov. 2021 13.59 skrev Masataka Ohta <
mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp>:

> But, with manually configured IP addresses, it is trivially easy
> to have a rule to assign lower part of IP addresses within a subnet
> for hosts and upper part for routers, which is enough to troubleshoot
> most network failures.

99% if not 100% of our subnets have either only routers or only hosts + a
gateway. So that would be a strange rule to follow. Also very expensive if
we are talking public addressing.

I find that 10.x.y.z is not much if you want to have a system in your
subnet numbering. With ipv6 there is much more space to enable systematic
numbering schemes.