IPv6 and CDN's

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Nov 27 22:22:43 UTC 2021

Actually, I think it’s in the fine print here…

“Connection setup is 1.4 times faster”. I can believe that NAT adds almost 40% overhead to the connection setup (3-way handshake) and some
of the differences in packet handling in the fast path between v4 and v6 could contribute the small remaining difference.

I doubt it is due to different connections, since we’re talking about measurements against dual-stack sites reached from dual-stack end-users,
very likely traversing similar paths.

Owen