Latency/Packet Loss on ASR1006

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Fri Nov 26 19:34:15 UTC 2021

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/200674-Throughput-issues-on-ASR1000-Series-rout.html

So many years since I have used an asr1000 but, honestly you have an esp40 in a box with 10x10G interfaces? That’s a very underpowered processor for that job. The ESP40 was designed for a box that would have 1G interfaces and perhaps a couple of 10’s. The ASR1000 is a CPU based box, everything goes back to the processor and remember cisco math means half duplex not full.