multihoming

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 00:31:19 UTC 2021

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 5:12 PM Geoff Huston <gih at apnic.net> wrote:

> > On 25 Nov 2021, at 7:57 am, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Are you proposing SCTP? There is sadly not much more hope for widespread
> adoption of that as of IPv6.
> >
> > or perhaps MP-TCP? :)  or shim6?
>
> Shim6 died a comprehensive death many yers ago. I recall NANOG played a
> role in it's untimely demise. :-)

oh, darn! :)

reading the ID that masataka referenced, it sounded very much like shim6
about ~4 yrs prior to shim6's "invention".
I also don't recall seeing the draft referenced during the shim6
conversations.

Also, for completeness, MP-TCP clearly does not help UDP or ICMP flows...
nor IPSEC nor GRE nor...
unless you HTTP over MP-TCP and encap UDP/ICMP/GRE/IPSEC over that!

Talk about layer violations! talk about fun!

-chris