is ipv6 fast, was silly Redeploying

j k jsklein at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 03:48:14 UTC 2021

When considering the IPv6 product, I would suggest you read
USGv6-Revision-1 (1) to define the specification you need for the product.
Then go to the USGv6 Registry (2), select the features and read the
Supplier Declaration of Conformity (SDOC) to ensure that the product meets
your requirements. Do this prior to having the discussion with the vendor
sales.

Also, ask for documents which provide details on performance and security
testing. It will save you hours of troubleshooting problems and patching
vulnerability.

Lessons learned from implementing IPv6 products.

(1) https://www.nist.gov/programs-projects/usgv6-program/usgv6-revision-1
(2) https://www.iol.unh.edu/registry/usgv6

Joe Klein

"inveniet viam, aut faciet" --- Seneca's Hercules Furens (Act II, Scene 1)
"*I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been."
-- *Wayne
Gretzky
"I never lose. I either win or learn" - Nelson Mandela