Quantifying the customer support and impact of cgnat for residential ipv4

aaron1 at gvtc.com aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Nov 22 04:10:02 UTC 2021

I have >50,000 subscribers behind CGNat.  I would have to find out from the assigners group, the rate at which static/public IP address sales increased during our CGNat deployment over the last few years.  I do understand that we had an up-tick in public IP sales, but unsure of the rate at which it occurred… actually I may have to get in contact with the sales group for a question like that.

About problems (BTW, we use Juniper MX platform with service mic/mpc) … we had some significant issues initially… but things like…

*	Tuning the IGP to route to the closest CGNat boundary node, consistently
*	AMS interface source-ip load balancing
*	APP
*	EIM
*	EIF

…help greatly in fixing issue with authentication on websites (webmail, banking) and also, vpn issues, and issues with gaming consoles, were largely resolved with those aforementioned enhancements

-Aaron