Class D addresses? was: Redploying most of 127/8 as unicast public

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Sat Nov 20 19:01:35 UTC 2021

On 11/20/21 10:44 AM, Chris Adams wrote:

[]

There is just as big a block of addresses with class D addresses for
broadcast. Is broadcast really even a thing these days? I know tons of
work went into it, but it always seemed that brute force and ignorance
won out using unicast. Even if it has some niche uses, I seriously doubt
that it needs 400M addresses. If you wanted to reclaim ipv4 addresses it
seems that class D and class E would be a much better target than loopback.

Mike, not that I have any stake in this