Redeploying most of 127/8, 0/8, 240/4 and *.0 as unicast

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Fri Nov 19 17:43:26 UTC 2021

On 11/19/21 8:27 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
> these measurements would be great if there could be a full research-
> style paper, with methodology artifacts, and reproducible results.
> otherwise it disappears in the gossip stream of mailimg lists.

Maybe an experimental rfc making it a rfc 1918-like subnet and
implementing it on openwrt or something like that to see what happens.
how many ip cameras and the like roll over and die? same for class E
addresses too, I suppose. The question with anything that asks about
legacy is how long the long tail actually is.

Mike, not that have any position on whether this is a good idea or not