Redploying most of 127/8 as unicast public

John Kristoff jtk at dataplane.org
Thu Nov 18 18:07:18 UTC 2021

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 08:53:53 -0800
Jonathan Kalbfeld via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org> wrote:

> If we’re going to do something that Majorly Breaks the Internet(tm),
> why not talk about the 240/4 space instead?

I like the proposal that suggest include a plan to reuse 224/4 (with
the exception of 224.0.0.0/24, but it looks like the plan is OK with
not using any of 224.0.0.0/8). With apologies to our small set of
friends who are keeping the interdomain dream alive, I might help
advocate for such a plan not because of what it adds, but because
of what it helps hasten the demise of.  :-)

John