Questions about IRR best practices

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Sat Nov 13 00:40:30 UTC 2021

Tagging onto this thread as it's relevant to me.

Is there any mechanism for removing stale cruft that someone else has
added to IRR? Two of our subnets have some cruft from an automated
script that was accurate in 2006 when they were created, but are no
longer valid.

Long story short, we consolidated acquisitions into a single AS,
returned the old AS to ARIN, and a 2006 RADB entry that looks to have
been auto-generated by Level 3 with the old AS is still hanging around,
causing other to question it.

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV