Geolocation for Disney Plus

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Fri Nov 12 15:49:38 UTC 2021

We've had a few complaints that users are getting redirected to the EN-GB version of Disney+ whenever they try to visit the site.

I have tried very hard to figure out which geolocation service they are using to come to that conclusion but have yet to be able to figure it out.

Does anyone know specifically which service D+ uses or is there a "list of usual suspects" that you guys check when these sorts of things arise?

I checked google, maxmind and a handful of others and those all know that we are in the US.

Thanks,
-Drew