MPLS/MEF Switches and NIDs

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Mon May 31 20:30:03 UTC 2021

Adam.

When you say "Beware using any EXOS-based product (anything that starts
with "X") unless you're already familiar with EXOS!" Are you saying stay
away from this line completely, or what do you mean by this statement. I
have heard good things about Extreme for deploying service provider G.8032
and MPLS functions.

Yes, I was aware of https://www.mef.net/certify/technology-registry/ and
have gone through pretty much every vendor looking at their solutions.
Extreme for example is not listed at all, so I guess they didn't want to
pay those fees! There are quite a few Chinese vendors we can't use.