Call for academic researchers (Re: New minimum speed for US broadband connections)

Etienne-Victor Depasquale edepa at ieee.org
Sun May 30 06:50:13 UTC 2021

Sean,

I can send you tens (10s) of papers on research into QoE for streaming
media;
some of them form the basis of my own current research,
i.e. I'm depending on their validity for my own work to be valid.
At this moment in time, I'm unable to digest it for you as it's been a
while since I read it.

I can offer to:
(a) (privately) send the above-mentioned collection of papers,
(b) offer you a digest later this year, most likely around September, and
(c) point out one core point, which is that there's a concept of
"sustainable bandwidth" that's the determinant of good QoE.

I concede that "sustainable bandwidth" needs explanation, which I can't
accurately describe at the moment either.

Let me know whether any of the above offers interests you.

Cheers,

Etienne

--
Ing. Etienne-Victor Depasquale