Tier1 BGP filter generation data sources & frequency
morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 24 18:20:58 UTC 2021
On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 4:29 PM Laura Smith via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org>
> I thought everyone was supposed to be migrating to MANRS. ;-)
...if you aren't cracking a joke about the 15th of 14 standards...
MANRS is an umbrella project that is supposed to (depending on where you
fit in the ecosystem, but generally):
1) bcp-38 your customer/your traffic
2) publish your routing intent data in an IRR
3) publish your routing origin data in RPKI
4) filter your customer/peer/partner/<nouns> routes to/from them: "Do not
send them nonsesne, do not accept nonsense"
5) tell more people about the above (there, I accomplished a MANRS
srsly though... manrs is about being a reasonable adult on the inter-tubes.
The particular question from the OP was:
"Hey, I have routing data, others also do, what does it take to get
people to believe my routing data?"
1) publish your IRR content properly, keep it updated
2) publish your ROA/RPKI data, keep it updated
3) automate the above 2 so you don't have to make a hoomon do the work
> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.
> ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
> On Saturday, 22 May 2021 00:40, Clinton Work <clinton at scripty.com> wrote:
> > Is there any compiled information for Tier1 providers on the supported
> BGP filter generation data sources and frequency?
> > This is what I have been able to determine so far:
> > - TATA AS6453: IRR and RPKI ROAs (
> > - Cogent AS174: unknown
> > - NTT 2914: IRR, ARIN WHOIS OriginAS, NIC.br whois, RPKI ROAs (
> > - Lumen AS3356: IRR
> > - Telia AS1299: IRR
> > TATA is going to deprecate new RADB, NTTCOM, and ALTDB route objects
> starting Aug 15, 2021 and I was hoping that more providers would add RPKI
> ROAs as a data source for BGP filter generation. Supporting RPKI ROAs would
> mean that you don't have to create both IRR route objects and RPKI ROAs for
> each IP block.
> > --
> > Clinton Work
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NANOG