Juniper hardware recommendation

Jean St-Laurent jean at ddostest.me
Mon May 17 10:42:20 UTC 2021

Good monitoring softwares allow to do "preprocessing" before storing the monitored data in database.

Saku's formula should work well in this case.

I use Zabbix for monitoring big infrastructure. It has many advantages like:

- Push or pull metrics (dmz friendly)
- Can use many proxies (scale well)
- preprocessing of data (fix vendors mess)
- alert based on business logic through templates ( proactive instead of reactive)
- open source and have enterprise support (always nice to be able to call 1800 zabbix in case of emergency)
- agent, agentless, discovery, snmp, java/jmx, telnet, ipmi, web scenarios, etc (never face a coirner-case that can't be monitored so far)

Really awesome at infrastructure level.

Jean