Juniper hardware recommendation

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri May 7 23:26:23 UTC 2021

     Yeah,

Routers for the whole Alphabet Soup.

     MX204, MX960 are pretty much headache free.  Heck even MX240 could
be a good start if you are on a budget.
     ( Watch for the EoL )

Distribution ( MPLS Alphabet Soup without VXLAN/EVPN )

     QFX5100 made us feel like being full time members of the Juniper QA
Team.  But once your find ALL the limitation of their chipset, they
won't fail you.
     ( Chipset limitations are not always handled by the configuration
and rendered ports unusable until the device is rebooted ... Or make you
wonder why the heck it ain't working until you find some notes in an
obscure PR )

     We're going up to 100Gbps (and then 200Gbps) in distribution and
we're feeling good about the QFX being able to handle it.

     PS: EVPN worked well in the Lab, but we're no using in our "scheme".

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443