Infinera GenericTom Enable?

Nick Bogle nbogle at ptera.com
Sun Mar 28 19:36:17 UTC 2021

NANOG,

I’ve got Infinera Cloud Xpress’s on two of our DCI’s that I’m trying to get 3rd party optics working in.. I notice there is a CLI structure of "feature GenericTom enable <Pwd>", but the command doesn’t do anything without supplying a password, and I’ve tried a bunch of generic passwords and get invalid password every time. Does anyone know this password or any way to get 3rd party optics working on these boxes?

otn02.spknwa(config)# feature GenericTom enable ?
Possible completions:
 <pwd>               Enable 3rd party TOM

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

--

Nick Bogle
Network Engineering Manager