10 years from now... (was: internet futures)

borg at uu3.net borg at uu3.net
Fri Mar 26 21:30:11 UTC 2021

Oh, sorry to disappoint you, but they are not missing anything..
Internet become a consumer product where data is provided by
large corporations similary to TV now. Your avarage Joe consumer
does NOT care about NAT and that he cant run services or he does NOT
have full e2e communication.

Yes, you are right, NAT was a second class internet for a while but
now it seems that we cannot live without it anymore :)
I dont really see other way how I can connect LAN to internet now.
Using public IPs? Thats so terrible idea. How can I be el-cheappo
dual-homed then?