IP reputation lookup (prefix not single IP)

Elvis Daniel Velea elvis at velea.eu
Fri Mar 26 18:27:12 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 3/25/21 8:28 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>> I think you will find that most SMTP / anti-spam focused RBL tools
>> give a very similar result for IP reputation on a per /24 block basis

Since I started working as an IPv4 Broker I've done tens of thousands of
scans (for blocks of IPs) in hundreds of blocklists.

There are a handful of blocklists that will list the whole block (that
may be a /24 or even a /16) - Spamhaus is an example.

However, most blocklists will list only the IPs that have actually done
spam. Barracuda, spamrats, etc.

> got cites?  this got me curious the other day.
>
> randy
Randy, I can share our data with you if you want to do an analysis of
the data, I may find a way to give you access to our historic blocklist
checks database. We can discuss in private.

> ---
> randy at psg.com
> `gpg --locate-external-keys --auto-key-locate wkd randy at psg.com`
> signatures are back, thanks to dmarc header butchery

cheers,

elvis