Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Wed Mar 24 08:08:36 UTC 2021

On 3/23/21 22:33, Valdis Klētnieks wrote:
> The problem comes when the younger generation *does* need access to the same
> knowledge - and the older generation is unreachable and/or actually gone.

I've been passionate about keeping the work shop style of the early
2000's going, but it's getting harder and harder to keep the teachers of
then interested. And, fewer and fewer youth are looking to fill that space.

In some ways, delaying the devolvement of the industry into the
automation GUI in my space has allowed a new batch of youth that can
appreciate how stuff works to develop. How long one can keep that up for
is an entirely different matter.

There will be some youth that know what to do after we are gone. I just
wonder how many of them there will be by then to maintain momentum.

Mark.