Peering and Caching for Epic Games, Fortnite, et al

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Tue Mar 23 14:05:29 UTC 2021

For an industry (online gaming) with the most "sensitive" customers to latency, packet loss, throughput, etc., the online gaming industry is terrible at peering. There are a few shining examples of what you should do, but then the rest is just content with buying transit from one, two, three players and calling it a day.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com