OT: Re: Younger generations preferring social media(esque) interactions.

Cynthia Revström me at cynthia.re
Tue Mar 23 09:35:02 UTC 2021

> Many new, young engineers will also feel more comfortable posting on message apps because the group is small, well-known and reasonably private, i.e., they are less afraid about sounding clueless to the whole world, on record, forever.

I think this is at least partially true, but I think it is more not
wanting to be disrespected at the time they ask these questions.
No one was born with this kind of knowledge, and everyone was clueless
at some point in time.
Also a permanent public archive is not a requirement of a mailing list
even if it is common.

Also, at least I often feel like the more casual conversational chat
format is easier than emails and this is the case for many of my
friends as well.

-Cynthia