OT: Re: Facebook and other walled gardens

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Tue Mar 23 08:25:48 UTC 2021

On 3/22/21 19:22, Andy Ringsmuth wrote:

> Sigh. It is probably a losing battle. You kids get off my grass!

You're right about that last part.

The kids are using what they feel gives them value and simplicity.

I'm old skool, but I'll be the first one to find a way to reach them via
the tools they like to use. Because, for better or worse, the next batch
of network engineers are in that pool, somewhere.

I mean, I've had to install one of those desktop web app things for
Telegram, because a NOG list I'm on is far busier there than it is on
the main mailing list. And it's a useful bunch of folk.

Mark.