Perhaps it's time to think about enhancements to the NANOG list...?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Mon Mar 22 13:21:23 UTC 2021

On 3/22/21 9:05 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:
> Usually efforts like this suck, but whatever WISPA did this year with the migration from a mailman system to an integrated forum\mailing list solution seems to work really well. It's not exactly like mailman, but it works very well.

I used to read that, and ISP-Wireless prior, but after the migration it just
stopped working.  After migration the content quality went down and the
pagination on a forum sucks.

The other major issue with a forum is it allows any admin to go in and edit
your message/post.  Unless you've setup moderation on the mailing list, this
is generally not possible.  The other advantage to a list is you can sign your
messages to prevent these sorts of shenanigans.

Simply put, if the option is there, it will be used.
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net